N P42 50TH ANNIVERSARY MIDNIGHT BLUE DCCR #100
The General Electic P42 locomotive is also known as the “Genesis” locomotive. The P42 is a modern 4200 horsepower passenger locomotive used across the United States and Canada. Amtrak’s P42 has replaced the EMD F40PH in revenue service and today they are used throughout the United States and often operated in a mixed consist of Phase IV and Phase V schemes.
- All locomotives will be equipped with body mounted KATO magnetic knuckle couplers
- Locomotives feature directional Golden White LED headlights and illuminated preprinted numberboards
- Locomotives have a powerful five pole motor with all wheel electrical pickup and blackened wheels
- Locomotives are DCC friendly
- Drop in DCC compatible with the Train Control Systems K0D8-A and Digitrax DN163K0A