EFLITE UMX P-51 Voodoo BNF
The P-51D-25-NA (original serial number 44-73415) was built in 1944 by North American Aviation at Inglewood, California, for the United States Army. After passing into private ownership in 1958, it first raced at the Reno Air Races as #55 "Pegasus." It was renamed Voodoo and flew in the 1998 Reno Air Races. It won the Unlimited Class in 2013, 2014, and 2016 and is now part of the Planes of Fame Air Museum collection in Chino, California. The E-flite® UMX™ P-51D Voodoo replicates the famous racer with striking detail, impressive handling, and outstanding performance. The 2S and 3S compatible power system plus exclusive Spektrum™ AS3X® and SAFE® Select technologies make for an incomparable Voodoo flying experience.
- The most affordable, convenient, and easiest-to-fly P-51 racer model yet
- More powerful 2S and 3S-compatible ESC and motor with 4-blade prop
- Works with the Spektrum™ DXS transmitter included with many RTF models
- Real-time battery voltage telemetry with compatible Spektrum transmitters
- Spektrum receiver with industry-leading 2.4GHz DSMX® technology
- The unmatched stability and locked-in feel of exclusive AS3X® technology
- Easier to fly with optional-use SAFE® Select flight envelope protection
- Completely factory-assembled and ready to fly right out of the box
- Factory-finished with the unique and iconic Voodoo trim scheme
- Optional-use fixed landing gear with a steerable tailwheel
- 4-channel control for full aerobatic capability
The P-51D Mustang is one of the most popular and iconic fighter aircraft of all time! Its unique design resulted in it delivering some of the best performance among all fighter aircraft flown in WWII. Because of that incredible performance, even today, many P-51s are still being flown in airshows and air races around the world. "Voodoo" is a modified P-51D Mustang that won the Unlimited Class at the Reno Air Races in 2013, 2014, and 2016. Its unique trim scheme is highly recognizable yet is rarely replicated on RC models. The E-flite® UMX™ P-51D Voodoo is an ultra-micro version of the famous racer based on an updated and upgraded version of the original UMX P-51D BL that's even easier and more fun to fly than ever before! It's now equipped with optional-use SAFE® Select, is 2S and 3S-compatible, and provides real-time battery voltage telemetry to compatible transmitters. Because of its ultra-micro size, the UMX Voodoo can be flown in more places and smaller spaces, including many yards, parks, and sports fields! The fixed landing gear with a steerable tailwheel makes it easy to taxi, takeoff from, and land on smooth surfaces, or you can leave the landing gear off for more speed and vertical performance with easy hand launches over and landings on grass. It's the most affordable, convenient, and easiest-to-fly replica of a P-51 racer yet!
Approximate Assembly TimeNo Assembly RequiredBatterySold SeparatelyChargerSold SeparatelyCompletion LevelBind-N-FlyConnector TypeJST-RCYFlapsNoMaterialEPSMotor DesignOutrunnerMotor Size1208-2150KvMotor TypeBrushlessPower TypeElectricProduct Length17.3" (439 mm)Product Weight3.2oz (92g) Without BatteryRadioSold SeparatelyReceiverIncludedRecommended Motor Battery3S 300mAh 30C LiPo, JSTServosIncludedSkill LevelLevel 2Speed ControlIncludedTechnology Smart, AS3X and SAFETrim Scheme ColorsPurple, Green (Voodoo)Wingspan19.41" (493 mm)